12.20.2010

The fellowhip of Pebelle part III: VUM as in Womb




Jennifer Pearl (ex-Lion Fever, Lost Kids) and Christopher Badger (founding member of Grand Elegance) are VUM. Partners in crime, and co-conspirators for this new throbbing noir heartbeat.

I first stumbled upon Jennifer's brilliant voice by listening to her former band Lion Fever and the depth of her singing touched me.
In the same year VUM formed and the mix of surf guitar, analog drum machine and vocals makes it difficult to turn off. I became an immediate fan of that new project and through lucky circumstances I had the chance to get to know this lovely lady personally and even see VUM perform live in LA.

An exchange happened and I was trusted to create costumes for VUM's first video shoot in the Joshua Tree desert. The video will be released soon and you can be sure that I will post it on here.

You can find the music on Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/vummusic
Here's a little taste:

Find more artists like VUM at Myspace Music


or buy her limited cassettes at Amoeba, LA or in Viennas Samstag Shop!
But be quick there aren't many left.

So here's some goodies of that vibrant talent and hopefully you like it too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Vienna, Austria
Call me a tie dye punk. I live my passion for manipulating textiles and my love for arts, music, pop culture, literature & fashion. It all comes together within my label.